During summertime I like to prepare desserts which contain seasonal fruits. Crispy fruit tarts are for me a perfect addition to Sunday afternoon tea but from time to time I like diversifying my summer sweet menu.
Today, I want to give you simple and quick recipe for (Polish style) blueberry buns which are perfect dessert for July. This recipe is for 6 pieces of blueberry buns.
Dough: 250g of semi-skimmed Scandinavian Skyr cheese or Polish farmer’s cheese (twaróg)
200g of wheat flour
50g of butter
50g of sugar
Pinch of salt
Filling: 350g of blueberries
10g of sugar
5g of potatoes starch
- All ingredients should have room temperature. Take out butter, eggs and cheese from the fridge 15-20 minutes before you start cooking.
- Add to the flour salt, sugar, egg, softened butter and cheese. If you use twaróg cheese, push it through the press.
- Knead the dough into a homogeneous mass. If the dough is not very solid, add a bit of flour to regulate consistency.
- Put the dough to larger bowl and cover it by folia. Put it to the fridge to rest and cool down for around one hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. Mix the blueberries with 10g of sugar and potatoes starch.
- After one hour, take out the dough from the fridge and put in on wooden board (cover the board by thin layer of flour so the dough won’t stick to its surface).
- Divide the tough into 6 equal pieces, each of them form into a ball.
- Flatten each of the dough balls and make an indentation in the middle (you can use a glass to obtain a nice shape).
- Inside each of the bun put an equal portion of blueberry filling.
- Cover your baking plate with baking paper and then put the buns on it.
- Bake your buns in 180°C for 30 minutes (top and bottom oven setting).
- Wait until the buns cool down.
Voila! Your buns are ready! Enjoy your summer dessert!